For the first time in Sri Lanka, Non-Sri Lankan citizens and non resident Sri Lankan citizens have the opportunity to invest in Sri Lankan banks in foreign currency & Sri Lankan Rupees
- Freely convertible to any designated currency
- Tax Free Returns
- Customers (Individuals & Institutions) with investments of more than $ 50,000 will have the opportunity to be a Privilege Banking Member with a dedicated Relationship Manager
- Citizens of foreign states
- Sri Lankan citizens resident outside Sri Lanka
- Corporate bodies incorporated outside Sri Lanka
- Foreign institutional investors such as country funds, mutual funds and regional funds
Type of Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Fixed Deposits
All you have to do is maintain a minimum balance of US$ 10,000 or equivalent in other designated foreign currencies or Sri Lankan Rupees. Accounts could also be held jointly with two or more eligible investors.
You are permitted to credit your accounts through;
- Proceeds of inward remittances received from abroad through banking system for the purpose of investment in such deposits.
- Foreign Currency in the form of Travellers’ Cheques, Bank Drafts or Currency Notes brought into the country by the account holder on declaration to Sri Lanka Customs as applicable during his temporary visits to Sri Lanka and tendered in person to the Authorized Dealer, provided that the travellers’ cheques have been issued outside Sri Lanka and the bank drafts endorsed in the name of the account holder.
- Interest accruing on the funds held in the account.
You are permitted to debit your accounts through;
- Outward remittances
- Transfers to other SFIDA's, disbursements of the account holder in Sri Lanka
- Relevant statutory payments such as debit tax
For further details please call Mrs. Shera Hassen on +94 773 243 395, Email - email@example.com or our 24 hour Customer Service Centre Number –+94 (0) 112 448 888 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that opening of all accounts are subject clearance under NDB Bank’s KYC (Know Your Customer) & AML (Anti-Money Laundering) policy